Friday

My First Blog Post - Start your Blog Lesson Here

Now what does my blog mean to me? What do I want to do?
Educational - for me, for others?
Business - Promoting my products or myself?
Entertainment - A collection of my favorite songs and videos?
All of the above?
You're blog can be all of these in one.
It can be private or public.
It can be WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE

Building a Blogger Blog Tutorial -
Blogger.


Adding Hyperlinks -
Under the tab Posting and Edit Posts, add a hyperlink by 1)Highlighting the text you want linked to another web site. 2) Select in "Insert Link Button," mouse rollover various edit posts images to verify the button. 3) Go back to web site that is in another tab or browser. Copy the http address. Go back to Edit Posts, paste information in pop up window of "Insert Link Button." I actually copy the link address first and then I start with task no. 1 with highlighting the text in my post.

Adding Pictures -

You images can start adding images by selecting the images icon in your New Post toolbar. Like the Insert Link button, there is one for Add Image. Once the window pops up, you can upload pictures from your hard drive or add a link to the location of the image you like. For example, if you are on a picture online, you can right click on the Image and select Copy Image Location. You can add more than one image at a time in the blogger program.

Podcasts -
Your blog can include podcasts you've created.
I have created an account on www.podomatic.com where I uploaded the sound file I saved from using the Audacity program. Project Blog - Let's get started blogging with a purpose
Podcasts are just one of many things you can add to your blog.
I created it by downloading a program called Audacity and using a headphone set. Podomatic has a program online to use as your recorder, but I found it didn't work well when I tried it. My headset is is by GigaWare and I got it at RadioShack. This one has random and inconvenient muting issues when I'm using it, so research your headset on sites like newegg.com or cnet.com before you purchase.

1 comment:

curious will said...

hey there - it would be super cool for each lesson that in addition to instructions there was a link to an actual post example in your own blog. that way, people can see exactly how cool something like adding a podcast could be.